Welcome to your new Forum

Forums General Welcome to your new Forum

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

To kick off we’d like to share our planned vision for health and care professionals for Think Kidneys

A future in which healthcare professionals will think about kidney status as they do now about blood pressure and heart rates

Does this vision work for you? If this is our vision for the future how far are we away from it now?

Post by Richard Fluck on Sep 16, 2014 at 10:26am

Absolutely agree with the sentiment but we need perhaps to refine it to give clarity. For me it’s about the message that kidney status is as important as blood pressure and pulse in evaluating how unwell someone is.

Post by (Nicki) on Sep 21, 2014 at 7:20pm

Thanks Richard – I totally agree with your statement above.

As a forum I welcome professional views on taking a lead from cancer services in developing more complementary health services which can wrap around patient treatment, care and support to families. In particular I am interested in massage, acupuncture, relaxation and exercise groups, stress management courses for people with long term health conditions, support and information groups for patients and cross over with other similar groups e.g. diabetic compliance support groups, for instance to let people know about how the kidneys work and support health and the impact ill health can have on kidney health, reflexology etc.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.